Now that you have identified the home you like there are seven steps to complete.
1. Click link to review the Rental Requirements & Application Process.
2. Click link to complete the Rental Application.
Rental Application (for each Tenant 18 or older & for each Guarantor)
Parental Letter of Guarantee (for each Tenant as needed)
If applicable, contact UCSC Campus Housing Office to release rental history
3. Provide the signed application, 2 forms of ID, proof of income & bank statements (if required) by one of the following ways:
4. Once approved, a holding deposit of $500 is required and a lease agreement will be drawn up for signatures.
The lease needs to be signed within 2 days of receipt.
5. Sign the Lease, pay the Security Deposit & first month's rent with 2 cashiers checks.
6. Obtain renters insurance and contact utilities to start service as needed.
7. Obtain parking permit (if needed) in Santa Cruz city limits. Apply by mail 2 weeks ahead.
Important Rent Reminder:
Please note that rent is due on the first (1st) of every month. Review your lease agreement for the late fee amount.
Contact our office at 831-588-9525 if it will be late. Thank you!
Renting: A User Manual
New and seasoned renters may find this a valuable resource.
The brochure guides you through every step of the rental process from "Move-in to Move-Out."
Click here to download the Complete Renters Brochure